What is quinoa? (Pronounced Keen-wah)
Quinoa is a pseudocereal rather than a true cereal, due to it not being a grass. Quinoa is closely related to the edible plants spinach, beets, and amaranth.
After harvest, the seeds are processed to remove the outer coating containing the bitter-tasting saponins, which are soap-like compounds. New Beat Foods uses organic quinoa flakes. Quinoa flakes have the same nutritional value as whole grain quinoa.
What is the shelf life?
We recommend eating within 3 months for best flavor. You can freeze them!
Where do you buy/source your quinoa?
How many flavors do you have?
We currently have 4 flavors.
Mango Tango (seasonal) is only available at the farmers' market July-August
Crunch meter scale: Crunchiest to less crunchy (they are all crunchy but...)
- Cranberry chorus (most crunchy)
- Mango Tango
- Sesame Swing
- Play It Straight
Misc Cracker facts:
- Play It Straight - only cracker with certified gluten free oats
- We have 2 crackers with fruit - Mango Tango (Seasonal) and Cranberry Chorus
- Trio is our most savory cracker (tastes like a healthy) everything bagel
- Mango Tango and Play it Straight both have sunflower seeds
- Play it straight has pumpkin seeds
- We bake in a dedicated gluten free, allergen free kitchen, in Longmont, CO